With the high price of homes in the Greater Toronto Area nowadays many people, who have not already done so, are converting their basements to prime livable space. Basements have become an integral part of the home, that in some cases, increase the usable living area by up to 50 % at a mere fraction of the cost of a typical addition or second story addition. It is for this reason we feel that every basement should be inspected for excessive dampness, leakage and overall integrity. Whether it is currently living space or soon to become one, basement waterproofing is a must before you start any upgrades.
Our years of experience in the basement waterproofing business, as well as detailed studies indicates that 98% of all basements have or will sustain varying degrees of damage resulting from uncontrolled moisture. This moisture, if left untreated will damage furniture, flooring and wall finishes and can cause mould.
Mould & Mildew is a serious health hazard that should be addressed as soon as possible. Removing the mould without stopping the moisture infiltration is a stop gap measure at best.
Advantages of Basement Waterproofing
So if your basement is finished or you are planning on finishing it eventually, basement waterproofing is one of the
most important things you can do.
- Basement upgrade will give you peace of mind knowing that your furniture and finishes will be protected from water damage as well as reducing moisture than can cause mould.
- Basement waterproofing solutions can save you money. Having to pay for cleanup and repair from water damage and then paying for waterproofing to repair the problem is far more expensive than just paying for the waterproofing in the first place to prevent damage.
- Waterproofing protects your property. Your foundation is integral to the structure
of your home. Water penetrating the foundation weakens it over time creating bigger problems and bigger expenses. Stopping this water penetration by basement waterproofing will stop the majority of the deterioration of your foundation.
- Our waterproofing solutions will increase property value. Most home buyers, real estate agents and home inspectors nowadays are very knowledgeable and realize the benefits of a dry basement. Having a written 25 year transferable warranty will add value to your property and increase your liquidity.
Why Choose Watertite Waterproofers for your basement waterproofing project?
- Highly skilled basement waterproofing team with over 25 years of experience
- latest equipment
- Upgraded waterproofing technologies
- 8 to 10 people on our team to ensure we will finish your project fast
- 5 star satisfaction rating at Homestars & Google reviews
Preventive basement waterproofing is something everyone should consider to protect the integrity of their home. So give us a call today for your free, no obligation assessment of your property.
Transparency and honesty are keywords for our work. have more questions? go here to learn about our step-by-step waterproofing process.