With the high price of homes in the Greater Toronto Area nowadays many people, who have not already done so, are converting their basements to prime livable space. Are you thinking of adding living space but are concerned that your basement seems to feel wet and musty? It can be easily resolved with professional basement waterproofing – and you will get to enjoy all the extra space you need.
Basements have become an integral part of the home, that in some cases, increase the usable living area by up to 50 % at a mere fraction of the cost of an average second story addition. It is for this reason we feel that every basement should be inspected for excessive dampness, leakage and overall structural integrity.
Whether it is currently a living space or soon to become one, basement waterproofing is a must before you start any upgrades. It is also important to eliminate the potential problems that will jeopardize the integrity of your house foundation in future.
Inspect your foundation an basement interior on regular basis, especially after strong rain. Watch for the flow of water from downspouts and pay attention to overgrown trees with developed root system that are dangerously close to your house, especially in older parts of Toronto. If you see your driveway is bulging from the overgrown tree roots, chances are your foundation might start deteriorate soon.
The common factors in foundation deterioration are:
- age of foundation concrete
- excess of moisture in the soil around the foundation
- poor water drainage around the house
- frequent floods in the area
Our years of experience in the basement waterproofing business, as well as detailed studies indicate that 98% of all basements have or will sustain varying degrees of damage resulting from excessive or uncontrolled moisture at some point. This moisture, if left untreated will damage furniture, flooring and wall finishes and can lead to growth and spreading of mould & mildew.
Mould & Mildew is a serious health hazard that should be addressed as soon as possible. The clinical studies have shown that it may cause serious respiratory conditions and lead to chronic diseases. Mould and mildew is not just a cosmetic problem that can easily be eliminated with bleach and painted over. Once the spores set in in the areas with excessive moisture, they will continue spreading throughout the entire house, sometimes invisible behind drywall and hidden in the duct system.
Removing the mould without stopping the moisture infiltration is a stop gap measure at best. You do need to make sure that the problem areas are identified and the basement is waterproof and ready for further use or renovation.
If you suspect that your basement is leaking, but the area in question is hidden under drywall, do not be afraid to call us for a consultation. We use thermal digital equipment that will help to identify the exact area of your foundation that is causing leaking problems without the need to remove drywall or tile surface.
Advantages of Basement Waterproofing
So if your basement is finished or you are planning on finishing it eventually, basement waterproofing is one of the
most important things you can do.
- Basement upgrade will give you peace of mind knowing that your furniture and finishes will be protected from water damage as well as reducing moisture than can cause mould.
- Basement waterproofing solutions can save you money. Having to pay for cleanup and repair from water damage and then paying for waterproofing to repair the problem is far more expensive than just paying for the waterproofing in the first place to prevent damage.
- Waterproofing protects your property. Your foundation is integral to the structure
of your home. Water penetrating the foundation weakens it over time creating bigger problems and bigger expenses. Stopping this water penetration by timely preventive basement waterproofing will stop the majority of the deterioration of your foundation.
- Our waterproofing solutions will increase property value. Most home buyers, real estate agents and home inspectors nowadays are very knowledgeable and realize the benefits of a dry basement. Having a written 25 year transferable warranty will add value to your property and increase your liquidity.
Why Choose Watertite Waterproofers for your basement waterproofing project?
- Highly skilled basement waterproofing reliable team with over 25 years of experience
- latest equipment
- Upgraded waterproofing technologies & material
- 8 to 10 people on our team to ensure we will finish your project fast
- 25 year transferable warranty
- 5 star satisfaction rating at Homestars & Google reviews
We understand that once you see that your leaky foundation needs major repairs, you feel stressed out and anxious about the process, potential disruption to your life and, of course, the budget. We make sure that starting from the initial assessment, to the quote and throughout the entire project you understand exactly what is done, and are aware of its time frame and budget. We at Watertite Waterproofers will do our best to take out stress and guesswork from the project and you will enjoy peace of mind when it comes to the state of your basement for the years to come.
Over the years we have worked on dozens of waterproofing projects using our expertise to achieve the best results in very limited time frame and delivering long lasting and reliable results.
Preventive basement waterproofing is something everyone should consider to protect the integrity of their home. So give us a call today for your free, no obligation assessment of your property.
Transparency and honesty are keywords for our work. have more questions? Please go here to learn more about our step-by-step waterproofing process and what it will does for your home and foundation integrity.